iTEC is a global specialist organisation providing qualifications internationally (www.itecworld.co.uk). iTEC has close working partnerships with over 700 approved centres in over 40 countries, and offices in England, Ireland, South Africa, Asia Pacific and the USA. iTEC became part of VTCT (Vocational Training and Charitable Trust), in 2016 to strengthen its position in the industry internationally.
The Diploma in Hairdressing and Barbering is intended for students with a minimum of School Certificate.
The main skills the learner will perform are:
- Shampoo and condition hair
- Cut women’s and men’s hair
- The art of dressing hair
- Styling men’s hair
- Follow health and safety practice in the salon
- Client consultation for hair services
- Colour and lighten hair
- Provide scalp massage services
- Perm and neutralise hair
- Salon reception duties
- Working in the hair industry
- Promote products and services to clients in a salon
- The art of colouring hair
- Duration – 15 months, twice a week
- Course fees: Rs 160,000
- Non-refundable deposit of Rs 50,000 payable before onboarding. Payment facilities are available
- ITEC Exam fees are included
- Students are provided with a Professional Starter kit with the advanced hairdressing tools as well as 2 sets of School polo shirts.
- Students will have access to the state-of-the-art LAB Pivot Point virtual learning platform with ITEC-approved resources such as e-books, tutorials, formative assessment tools amongst others.